Saturday, November 22, 2008

Broccoli Soup

Most of my creations come from three sources: laziness, a sparse fridge, and a dash of creativity. I had some broccoli that was going to go bad if I didn't use it today. I'm also trying to clear out my fridge for the Thankgiving shopping that will take place tomorrow.

1 bunch of broccoli
1 quart of chicken stock
1 cup of parmesean cheese
1 tbsp. corn starch
1/2 cup couscous

Separate florets and set aside. Take stalks, peel with a potato peeler, chop off ends, and cube. Bring stock to a boil, add stalk pieces, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 min. Add florets and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and corn starch. After 5 minutes, place 50-100% of the soup in a blender to blend. Return to pot, add couscous, and return to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.

No comments: